At Airport Nissan we provide a CarFax verification with each used car we sell.
- Lien search in current Province of registration
- Canada-wide enforceable lien search with guarantee
- Live registration status check in all Provinces, including Stolen, Salvage, Rebuilt and Non-repairable
- Accident claims data from Canada's private insurance industry
- Vehicle insurance history data from Canada's private insurance industry
- Vehicle insurance inspection data from Canada's private insurance industry
- Canadian registration history data *
- Canadian auto auction records and odometer data
- U.S. title and registration history records including Stolen, Salvage, Rebuilt and Non-repairable
- U.S. odometer records
- U.S. title and vehicle problem check
- U.S. police accident reports filed with State DMVs
- U.S. auto auction records and odometer data
- U.S. used vehicle import records from U.S. Department of Transportation
- Canadian used vehicle import records from Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV)
WHAT IS CARFAX?
Learn what makes CarFax a critical part of buying or selling a used vehicle.
A CarFax vehicle history report establishes trust and transparency between a used car buyer and a used car seller by removing the guesswork about a vehicle's past - replacing it with impartial, accurate and real-time data.
CarFax is a Canadian provider of vehicle history reports - a critical tool when you're buying or selling a used vehicle. A CarFax report establishes trust and transparency between a used car buyer and a used car seller by removing the guesswork about a vehicle's past - replacing it with impartial, accurate and real-time data.
CARFAC'S VEHICLE HISTORY REPORTS INCLUDE:
- Real-time data. Live, real-time data sources provide you with up-to-the-minute information from provincial governments, private and public insurance agencies and many other providers.
- Lien details. CarFax is the only service that offers cross-Canada lien and/or security interest information (look for our Verified products for this lien information).
- Accident data. Learn whether the vehicle has been in an accident, what type of incident occurred and the amount of damage.
- Registration and branding. Discover which provinces the vehicle was registered in and whether the car has been negatively branded.
- Full Canadian and U.S. history. See a complete picture of any vehicle history from across Canada, as well as the U.S.
- Bilingual information. Carfax's website, vehicle history reports and customer service is available French and English.
WHO CAN BUY A REPORT?
A report can be purchased by anyone on any vehicle, as long as they have its vehicle identification number (VIN) which is found on the dashboard and the driver's door jamb.
BUYING A USED VEHICLE
When you're buying a used vehicle, CarFax gives you full insight into what's happened to a vehicle over its lifetime. You can feel confident that you know the full details about a vehicle and can make the purchase with complete peace of mind.
SELLING A USED VEHICLE
When you're selling a used vehicle, providing potential buyers with a CarFax report shows that you're upfront and open to disclosing the full history of your vehicle, right from the start. Buyers will know that you're a seller they can trust and they'll appreciate your full disclosure - which often helps to close the sale.
BUYING A USED CAR FROM A DEALER
Our CarFax dealer members offer CarFax reports on their used car inventory and would be more than happy to show you the vehicle history report for the car you're interested in.
CARFAX GIVES YOU THE INFORMATION YOU NEED
CarFax is also here to provide you with the information and the resources you need to buy or sell your used car with confidence. Check out our Car Advice section to learn more about buying a used car, selling a used car, maintaining a used car and much more!
WHAT DOES CARFAX DO?
Depending on the type of report you select, our CarFax vehicle history reports contain:
This summary is a snapshot of the records CarFax has found on your vehicle.
REPORT FINDINGS IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER
Our report findings give you a quick overview of the vehicle's life. Clicking on any of these records will bring you to the details in the subsequent sections.
ACCIDENT, COLLISION AND DAMAGE DETAIL
This section compiles data from collision estimating facilities, insurance information and police reports to let you know what, if any, damage the vehicle has sustained in its life. If you suspect that the vehicle has ever been in British Columbia, we recommend purchasing our CarFax Claims BC report or our CarFax Verified BC report for information from the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC).
Available on our CarFax Verified and CarFax Verified BC reports, this section shows if any other party has a legal claim on the vehicle as collateral for a debt owed to them. This is important because a lien can be enforced against the new owner of the vehicle if isn't settled before they buy it.
CANADIAN REGISTRATION AND BRANDING
A look at where in Canada and the U.S. the vehicle is, or has been registered, as well as the status of the vehicle in those jurisdictions.
STOLEN VEHICLE CHECK
This check provides data from the Canadian Police Information Centre to see if the vehicle is marked as actively stolen.
Here you'll find any applicable details about the vehicle being imported or exported between Canada and the U.S.
Any other information available from our data providers will be shown here.